TM Update

Talk about this upcoming compendium of short adventures based around treasure maps here
Orcus
Type I Demon

06 Jan 2002, 07:49 #1

OK I should finally give an update on this product.
We got all the submissions, sorted them, chose them. Got the authors to sign off. And now this long delay.
I want to reassure you this product is still going forward.
It has been delayed for several reasons.
First and foremost (no offense to the authors) because most of the authors were newbies, we essentially bought the rights to cool ideas. Several of the submissions needed substantial rewriting and I didnt have the time to do that. Now that we have more staff authors, time is being spent on them. In fact, most are already re-written.
Second, a collection of short adventures by newer authors was determined to have less "market impact" than Rob and Gygax, so when those products got inserted into the schedule, something had to give--one of the things that "gave" was TM.
So yes, we are still forging ahead. I have the edited adventures infront of me. However, because I have to finish Necropolis and Grimtooth adn Bard's Gate first, they wont get my attention for a while. So TM will most likely be a late 3rd quarter release.
Thanks for everyone's patience--particularly the authors whose work was accepted!
Clark

Kvantum
Vampire

06 Jan 2002, 18:18 #2

Take your time, man. We'll wait... we know what to expect. It'll be worth it.
(Just don't be surprised if some of us start to show up at the printers' to get our copies AS SOON as they're done Image )-----------------------------------
Good morning is an oxymoron. There is nothing good about morning and nothing morning about good.

What's that big glowing thing in the sky called again?
Oh, yeah, the Sun. I hate that thing.

Sayburr
Shadow

06 Jan 2002, 19:45 #3

I love these "short adventure" style books and I patiently wait for this one.
=====================> Douglas Click

bushfire
Ghast

06 Jan 2002, 20:21 #4

I am with Sayburr on this.
I find short, little lair type adventures at least as useful as long mega-adventures. Probably even more so. I used every lair in the old TSR lair books at least once, and over 75% of the ones in the even older JG Treasure Map books.
I am looking forward to seeing what Necromancer puts out.
bushfireAdventures in the World of Wearth
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/wearth
-------------------------------------------------------

bushfire

Adventures in the World of Wearth

-------------------------------------------------------

Celestian
Wight

06 Jan 2002, 22:50 #5

Oh yes, I REALLY loved the old 'Lords of Darkness' (not the new junk, thats FR stuff). The entire book was a set of something like 12 lairs of Undead of different types. I used this product more than I can imagine... My fav was the 2 twin vampires... one being lawful good because of a helm of opposite alignment =)
---
[email protected]
http://home.greycouncil.org/
http://www.drwho.org
Explorer 73%
Socializer 60%
Achiever 40%
Killer 26%

Jeffrey
Ghoul

07 Jan 2002, 12:09 #6

Clark, will your "Shrine of Madness" or Bill's "Wolf Hills" adventure be in the first Treasure Maps module?
Jeff

Orclicker
Zombie

07 Jan 2002, 16:24 #7

Actually Jeffrey has a good question. When will we be able to find out what adventures (or who the authors are) for TM? Also how many adventures will their be in the first book, will it be three like in Demons and Devils?
Orclicker

Khan the Warlord
Wight

08 Jan 2002, 20:47 #8

Quote:
First and foremost (no offense to the authors) because most of the authors were newbies, we essentially bought the rights to cool ideas. Several of the submissions needed substantial rewriting and I didnt have the time to do that. Now that we have more staff authors, time is being spent on them. In fact, most are already re-written.
Let me place on offer on the table: if you're ever in need of more help concerning re-writing, drop me a line sometime Clark.
Just a friendly offer...
Providing kick-ass d20 products for the gaming masses!

Orcus
Type I Demon

08 Jan 2002, 23:46 #9

Actually, Bill's Wolf Hills will most likely NOT be in TM. I am going to cut that out and offer it as a for sale PDF most likely. I may change my mind on this though...I am chaotic after all.
My Shrine of Madness was created for the Scarred Lands. I expanded it and let them use it as a free adventure in their Scarred Lands DM screen (plus I wrote another one called Kadum's Horn). So it wont be in TM either.
I will give you a list of the ones that made it when I go home later.
Clark

Bowbe
Vampire

14 Jan 2002, 05:06 #10

SO after a long drawn out battle with a foul mummy, Belflin and several other drop as a trapped door explodes in our faces, let me tell you Bowbes, I was not pleased by this, considerin how much pain that damned mummy had put us through. But I swore on my swords that I would not run from that pack of zombies that came runnin out of that shattered portal, no by Bowbe's bloody beard I would not run! So when the SwordSinger saw me standing there facing them all alone, he joined my side as did others and the day was ours I tell you. That was some death dealin there by bowbe.
Quoted from one of the bulviegh's drunken rants as he recounted his impression of the Wolf Hills.