Thoughts after reading

Discussion area for a great new sourcebook on the horizon
wwscrispin
Skeleton

29 Jul 2005, 02:47 #1

Just finished reading this and I found many cool spells, and some old friends that I had not seen in a while.
I thought my money was well spent and this gets a permanent spot on my overcrowded shelf between the PHB and Malhavoc's "Complete Book of Eldritch Might"

Keeper of the Dark Realms
Lich

29 Jul 2005, 03:43 #2

Nice to hear. Glad you found (and find) the book useful to you.Scott
===============
Necromancer Games
www.necromancergames.com
The Creature Catalogue
"Your #1 source for D&D 3E creatures"
www.enworld.org/cc
Tome of Horrors.com
www.tomeofhorrors.com
Scott

===============

Frog God Games/Necromancer Games

www.necromancergames.com

Patrick Lawinger
Vampire

29 Jul 2005, 12:37 #3

Thanks, finding the book regularly useful is the highest compliment we could receive.
Some companies want to do the "sexy" or "trendy" products, at NG we try to give you books you will actually USE.
Thanks again,
Patrick

Ryan Henry
Ghast

29 Jul 2005, 13:37 #4

Quote:
I thought my money was well spent and this gets a permanent spot on my overcrowded shelf between the PHB and Malhavoc's "Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
My thoughts exactly... except mine doesn't spend much time on the shelf, as I keep it ready to go in my gaming bag.
We've been using it every weekly session.
Ryan

Ragathor
Necromancer

15 Aug 2005, 15:51 #5

I just picked it up this weekend. So I'm a little late to the party.
I haven't had time to read it thoroughly yet, but scanning through it, reading a few of the spells, I became VERY excited. Not because there was anything necessarily mind-bogglingly awesome: in fact, I'm very much on my guard about anything like that, for fear it will unbalance the game. Instead, I found a heck of a lot of spells that were either really neat "plot-related" specialty spells that could be useful as a DM (and occasionally as a player), and a whole bunch of spells that made me think, "Holy cow, WHY wasn't this spell part of the core system?"
Considering the Necromancer crew is more paranoid about overpowered PCs than *I* am, it's unsurprising that everything I've found in there so far has seemed very well balanced. If anything, a few spells really seemed a little underpowered - I thought Darken Wood (? don't have the book here with me) could do with a larger radius and significantly longer duration, but that's probably because I'm thinking as a DM.
Anyway, consider me a fan. As usual.
Rampant Games
Tales of the Rampant Coyote

Rampant Games

Tales of the Rampant
Coyote