OT: Rhenne article in LGJ #2

Post here to discuss this wicked module by Lance Hawvermale
grodog
Necromancer

18 Mar 2002, 08:22 #1

Lance
Wight

18 Mar 2002, 15:10 #2

Yep, the barge people, that was me. I'm glad you liked it. I've written a few other items for Polyhedron, namely stuff about the gods Xan Yae and . . . and whoever the god of time is . . . I've forgotten (I don't play Greyhawk myself).
What Evil Lurks is linked to Polyhedron in a weird way. You see, about two years ago, the magazine conducted a module-design contest. First prize was to be cash and serial publication in the magazine. Well, I wrote WEL for that contest, but I was waiting around forever for them to annouce the winners. You know how they are. In the meantime, I heard about Necro, and I was attracted by the whole "first edition feel" thing, so I sent the manuscript to them, unsolicited. They bought it, I called Erik Mona and told him to pull me from the contest, and the rest is history. Actually, the contest never happened. I don't think they ever picked a winner. Oh, well.
So to answer your question, yes, WEL was originally set in Greyhawk, by necessity.
P.S. I just emailed you about a possible review.
Official WotC Delegate, Product and Program Support

Lance's Vision Quest

Free D20 Stuff: Hawkmoon Adventures

skeetyrbug
Type I Demon

18 Mar 2002, 21:22 #3

That was Lance that wrote that?? Wow, got by me too. Hmm, this guy is GOOOOOOOOD..............and BTW, the God of TIme is Lendor Image
Liked the Xan Yea article, also!!Skeeter............Re-Animator
-----------------------------------------------------------

...and in the end the mermaid was rescued (long story)...

grodog
Necromancer

19 Mar 2002, 01:36 #4

Quote:
Yep, the barge people, that was me. I'm glad you liked it. I've written a few other items for Polyhedron, namely stuff about the gods Xan Yae and . . . and whoever the god of time is . . . I've forgotten (I don't play Greyhawk myself).
Hmmm. Were they for Poly or for Dragon? I'll have to do some searching, since the articles don't ring a bell....
Quote:
So to answer your question, yes, WEL was originally set in Greyhawk, by necessity.
So, what can you tell us about the original GH setting for WEL? Where was it in the Flanaess? How much did you need to de-Greyhawk it for the NG version? grodog
----
Allan Grohe
[email protected]
http://www.rpg.net/ehp/imrryr/greyhawk.html

skeetyrbug
Type I Demon

21 Mar 2002, 08:09 #6

WEL doesnt really need to be set in Greyhawk, but it would be nice to know the old notes. Its very flexable, and fits in anywhereSkeeter............Re-Animator
Vanguard of the Spider Throne

skeetyrbug
Type I Demon

23 Mar 2002, 00:10 #8

So whats up with your website??? Gone Necrohawk yet?? (rolling d20 for my hijaking attempt....)Skeeter............Re-Animator

Lance
Wight

23 Mar 2002, 00:49 #9

Hey, guys.
Concerning what articles appeared in what periodical:
I wrote the Xan Yae and Lendor pieces for Polyhedron. Try issues 130, 139, and 140. I've appeared in Dungeon 62, 67, and 81. Dragon 257. Plus Living Greyhawk 2, and a recent Poly with a druid article on the ancient Ogham tongue, a crossover article with Shadowrun. I forget the issue number. Now of course Poly has gone off the deep end, what with all of these mini d20 systems. No more con reports, no more campaign updates . . . seems rather in a state of flux at the moment.
What Evil Lurks was based in the Greyhawk area, though now the Miasmoor replaces the Mistmarsh, and the Gnarley is the Gaunt Wood, et cetera. Though I used to run a GH campaign, I've long since moved on to other venues. Back then, my home campaign was based in Willip, which I once mapped in considerable detail (to say the least).
Cheers.
Official WotC Delegate, Product and Program Support

Lance's Vision Quest

Free D20 Stuff: Hawkmoon Adventures

skeetyrbug
Type I Demon

23 Mar 2002, 02:50 #10

Good info to have. Im going to look those up again.....
Skeeter............Re-Animator