Lord Morrick' stats, Patrick?

Morrick Mansion by EN World nominated author Patrick Lawinger. Check out this haunted house and discover the curse behind it!
nymoreon
Necromancer

23 Dec 2006, 17:27 #1

So he was a wizard and he had stone to flesh and flesh to stone (at least on scrolls). So he would be at least 11th level? Or am I assuming to much? Was he lower level and just using more powerful scrolls?
I am wondering because it seems he should have a spellbook. Of course if he is a sorcerer then this is all rather moot.
Nym,
It has struck me that a person's name is the only thing you can steal by refusing to use it.
Yes, I run 4th ed. and yes I am okay with that.

Nym

nymoreon
Necromancer

02 Jan 2007, 20:19 #2

Ok after looking at the rest of the family being sorcerers I am just supposing he was as well. Simplifies things a bit I think. It also fits with the never learned much about magic journal entry.Nym,

Nym

Treebore
Demi Lich

04 Jan 2007, 05:38 #3

I thought he had a spellbook? I remember griping at Patrick for making me detail a spellbook thats in this module, and I thought it was Lord Morricks.
Either way, it doesn't matter. If you have a PC wizard that could benefit from finding a spellbook, make him a wizard. Otherwise having him be a sorceror is no big deal.
Of course the mephit is a sorceror too.

nymoreon
Necromancer

16 Jan 2007, 19:54 #4

You asked for the merchant mages spell book and Patrick said he didn't have it with him. Nym,

Nym

Patrick Lawinger
Vampire

19 Jan 2007, 03:05 #5

Guys, the only time I ever actually had "stats" for Lord Morrick was when I first ran it in a 1e/2e hybrid game years ago. I wouldn't even know where they are and I would guess I just used xHD and added some spells to him.
With 3e I suppose I would make him Ari3/Wiz2 or something like that.
On an interesting note, the adventure was, I suppose, partially created by my Players/PCs when they failed to prevent the curse (they were at the wedding and were supposed to figure out what was going on and help put an end to it, they ran away instead!). That group went onto different adventures and when it was time for me to DM again (we rotated) I simply took what happened and fast-forwarded a few years.

nymoreon
Necromancer

19 Jan 2007, 04:23 #6

Cool inside info. Doesn't matter though the group found the source of the curse and crushed the stone tonight. That was all Leah had asked of them so they are heading back to the Stoneheart Mountain Dungeon without ever having stepped foot in the mansion... A shame really but my 2 vetern players have learned in my games a long time ago that getting in and getting out is gererally the best coure of action. I must remember in the future to ask more of them.Nym,

Nym